Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Only in Ess Eff: Drag Nun in Dept of Elections GOTV Video

Check out this nifty get-out-the-vote video from the public servants who run San Francisco's elections:



Needless to say, I heartily approve of using City funds to showcase a diverse cross-section of local voters in an effort to persuade more folks to cast ballots and it's terrific to see Sister Roma of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence standing in the Castro district's Duboce Park.

Has any other elections department ever utilized a drag nun like this? I doubt it, but if I'm wrong, lemme know.

However, I have questions about why the Department of Elections decided to shoot footage of the photographer from the Western Addition and the foodie from the Bayview district not in their neighborhoods, but instead along the Embarcadero waterfront. Is there something wrong with showing those districts in such a video? I hope not and it would have been so cool to see the Western Addition and Bayview districts behind the featured voters.

Two important reminders. You can vote now either by mail or down at City Hall in the June 3 primary and of course on primary day. Also, I'm running for the Castro's District 8 seat on the Board of Supervisor and you should like my Facebook page and support my campaign.

No comments: