Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Haiti's LGBT Kouraj
Releases Inspiring IDAHO Video



This morning, I heard from Vincent Reybet-Degat who is active with the newly-formed gay group Kouraj based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I blogged recently about Kouraj and their participation in the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia actions on May 17.

Since learning about Kouraj and their advocacy, I've been communicating with them requesting more photos from their IDAHO action because the two photos I located online whetted my appetite for more images. On behalf of Gays Without Borders here in San Francisco, I want to bring more attention to this Haitian group to my local colleagues.

I'm so happy to report that Vincent sent a link to Kouraj's inspiring video of the conference held in Port-au-Prince on May 17, where courageous LGBT people publicly declared themselves out, proud and ready to push for respect and love.

Much gratitude for also translating the Creole speakers' comments with subtitles. Click here to visit the English-language pages of the Kouraj site.

A big shout-out of admiration and solidarity to Vincent and all members and supporters of Kouraj. Keep up the terrific work!

No comments: