Tuesday, September 22, 2009


Hildebrand to Advise Dufty's
SF Mayoral Campaign


Openly gay political strategist Steve Hildebrand, who was integral to the election of Barack Obama to the White House, and who resides in the great state of South Dakota, has agreed to help gay Supervisor Bevan Dufty's effort to become San Francisco's next mayor.

I emailed Steve asking if he would be moving here to run the campaign and how well he knew local politics and issues. He replied he busy and can't talk to me until Wednesday, but he clarified what his limited role will be on behalf of Bevan:

If you are going to say anything about my role with Bevan, you should say that I will be an adviser. I won’t be running the campaign day-to-day.

We won't elect a new Mayor until 2011, which is many moons, and news cycles away, and we'll see plenty of jockeying for Room 200 at City Hall - the Mayor's office overlooking Civic Center Plaza, before we elect our next Mayor. I'm looking forward to chatting with Steve about San Francisco politics and the 2011 race.

No comments: