Tuesday, February 24, 2009


When Feinstein Asked: What's a Glory Hole?

At the February 14 Equality California $350-a-ticket gala at City Hall, a lifetime achievement award was presented to longtime lesbian Democratic leader and officeholder Carole Migden, who entertained the elite troops with her banter.

She lost her state senate seat to gay Democrat Mark Leno last year, but is still on the state's payroll as a member of the sewage and waste advisory board, and is doing an excellent job of keeping her name in the news.

Witness last week's report in the Bay Times on her remarks at the A-gays dinner, in which Migden teased the crowd, leaving them begging for more talk from her:

Then she ended on a laugh, saying, “Next time you invite me, I will tell you about the time then Mayor Dianne Feinstein sidled up to me and asked, ‘Carole, will you tell me what a glory hole is?’”

Oh, to have been on my knees at a large hole in the wall of the room where Carole had to explain the concept to DiFi, with my ear sticking through the hole, sucking up their exchange of fluid words.

No comments: