Friday, November 21, 2008


We're Back Home in San Francisco

After eight absolutely wonderful days in NYC with my husbear Mike, in a small apartment on E. 3rd and First Avenue with no television, radio or access to the web, we're back at home in San Francisco. Thanks, Mike, for this early 50th birthday present.

We saw lots of close friends and beloved family members, took in a few musicals and dramas, hit a bunch of galleries and the New Museum on the Bowery, and generally had a true vacation from our lives at home.

(Well, not a total vacation. Despite a self-imposed promise to avoid the No on 8 rally at City Hall on Saturday, I did go for an hour. Ran into activist pals from the old days. Told everyone we looked fabulous back in the streets again!)

Before I get back to activism and blogging, I want to share some pics from our trip:

My sister Angela and my totally terrific partner Mike, at Carmine's on W. 44th Street.

My peace-nik nephew Keith, me, and my smiling neice Rose, freezing in Times Square.

From an exhibit at the New Museum, the Silence = Death neon piece that debuted back in the 1980s at the "Let the Record Show ..." exhibition at the White Columns gallery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Mick!!
Love you guys and am glad you guys got home safely.