Monday, November 10, 2008


Hank Wilson Tribute, Tonight @ 6 PM,
Castro & 18th


It is with a sad heart that we inform you that Hank Wilson passed on Nov. 9th at Davies Medical Center due to lung cancer. We invite all community members to help create a tribute to Hank Wilson at 18th and Castro streets (Bank of America) starting TONIGHT (Mon., Nov. 10) at 6pm.

Pictures, stories, news clippings, flowers, candles, trinkets, are welcome to pay homage to this hero in our community. It is fitting that we kick off this tribute one hour prior to the community screening of the Milk Movie at the Castro Theatre.

Thank you,

Gary Virginia, Michael Petrelis, Tommi Avicolli-Mecca

Photo credit: Rick Gerharter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss tonights gathering but my heart is there and like each of you, I loved and respected Hank. He was inspiring, gentle, smart, capable, honorable, passionate and compassionate, a rainmaker for many and a life saver too. Hank was beautiful.

Stu Smith

Anonymous said...

Hank Wilson helped me when nobody else would. He saved my life and I am honored to have known him. Shawn McNamara