Saturday, December 24, 2005

NYT Wishes Me Happy Holidays; Merry Christmas!

Dear Friends:

I hope this little exchange between the New York Times' communications director and myself brings you some cheer. Wishing you and yours a happy, holiday season!

Peace,
Michael
-

In a message dated 12/22/2005 6:12:56 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, mathis@nytimes.com writes:

Michael,

We've corresponded so often that I feel like . . . well, I'm not sure what but here's wishing you a great holiday and a healthy and happy new year.

Best,
Catherine
-

Hello Catherine,

Thanks for wishing me good holidays. I hope your holiday season is full of friends and cheer. By the way, if it's not too much trouble, when you next write to me, can you please provide me with a statement from Arthur about why he acquiesced to the Bush administration for a full year and withheld the story about the National Security Agency's warrantless surveillance operations? Merry Christmas, and I'm sure we'll be corresponding in the new year.

best,
michael

No comments: