Sunday, October 16, 2005

NYT Omits Miller Package from National Print Edition: Refund Requested


Arthur Sulzberger
Chairman
The New York Times
New York, NY

Dear Mr. Sulzberger:

I just purchased today's Times at my neighborhood bodega, expecting to finally read in print, the paper's account of Judith Miller's saga that lead her to jail and related newsroom issues about her journalistic ways.

But the package of Miller stories is not in the national edition for sale in San Francisco, and because of this omission, I would like a full refund of $5.00.

You know, I'd glanced at the online version of the package on the Times' site and had no reason to believe the news story would be front page news.

However, I was wrong and as I perused the news section, I was surprised the story wasn't there either, and decided to look in other sections for the articles.

Maybe it was in the gay-sensibility saturated Styles section, I thought, because Miller's tale so far contains wide streaks of camp and a character mistakenly identified as Valerie Flame, which is such a great drag queen name I anticipate a few gays dressing up as Valerie Flame this Halloween.

Nope, the package wasn't there either. In short, no Miller package in the version of the paper's national edition you sold me today.

Please reimburse me for today's copy through my PayPal account. You'll find the link to it at my blog, http://mpetrelis.blogspot.com.

Sincerely,
Michael Petrelis
NY Times shareholder
San Francisco, CA

No comments: